3 Day Color Confidence Workshop
- Sat, Jul 23, 201610:00am
Mon, Jul 25, 20163:00pm
- Dawn Art Studios180 11th ST NEAtlanta GA 30309
$265.00 3 Day Workshop
$175.00 Sat and Sunday only
Class size limited to 5
Take control and paint with confidence In this intensive workshop you will learn to control your color and get the color you want.
In this class you will learn about pure color, get comfortable moving color from one hue to another, ways to get the most life out of your mixtures and how to keep your mixture clean and other store bought hues. There will be demos along with painting projects to reinforce the lessons. Such as using color to make your landscapes recede on the canvas or using color and value to create a sense of form in you paintings. Sat and Sunday will be demos and exercises, Monday you will bring in a photo to work from and put your new color knowledge to work. You can sign up for Sat & Sunday only if you can't make Monday.
I prefer working in oils because my mixture will stay wet for the class. Acrylic willdry quicklyso you will need to keep them wet with water or a retarder.
- Alizarin crimson
- Permanent Rose
- Hansa yellow or as yellow light
- Yellow ochre Optional
- Ultramarine blue and phtalo blue green shade. Get pthalo if just getting one
- Sap green Optional
- Titanium white
- 2 each - 9x12, 12x12 panel
- 6x8 practice panels We will start with a little practice, so please bring a canvas pad, economy cotton panel, or something not expensive to practice on.
- Palette knife
- Sketch pad and pencils
- Paper towels
- Acrylic and oil disposable Palette Pad 16x20 . You can use a roll wax paper
- Sketch pad
- Roll of paper towels
- Paint medium to help base coat your canvas and block in color. I fill a flip top bottle (think small dish liquid bottle) with 80% Liquinand 20% Damar Varnish to thin and speed the drying for oils. if you are working in acrylics use Liquitex glazing medium and water Great for base layers
- Odorless mineral spirit and a sealed container for cleaning brushes. There are several Eco friendly products out there now as well
- For iPhone and iPad users, here my favorite app Accuview https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/accuview/id407578464?mt=8