This course emphasizes artistic development in a relaxed and fun studio environment with a variety of music to keep you motivated. Regardless of your level of training or ability, you work on your own projects, using any medium you choose, in this self-paced class. You are encouraged to pursue individual interests and further develop your unique style. The instructor is available for guidance, motivation and demonstrations of technique. There will be class demos as well as individual assistance. Bring your painting supplies and reference materials to the first class sessions and be prepared to work. This is an on going class that offers a lot of flexibility for the students. You will be able to store your supplies in the studio. Be a part of it, ongoing student are invited to participate in the 13 annual art show at Binders Limelight Gallery. Please contact the instructor with any questions about materials and what to bring for the first class.
Any Missed classes can be made up next session. You have one year to make up classes.
Limited street parking, metered parking, and pay lot
Sample supply list
I prefer working in oils because my mixture will stay wet for the class. Acrylic will dry quickly so you will need to keep them wet with water or a retarder.
- Alizarin crimson or Permanent Rose. I have added Transparent Earth Red and really like it!
- Hansa yellow or Indian Yellow
- Yellow ochre
- Ultramarine blue or Phtalo blue - I like both, but Phtalo is my my fav.
- Sap green
- Titanium white
- canvas or panel to paint on
- Palette knife
- Sketch pad and pencils
- Paper towels
- Palette 16x20 . You can use plexi glass, glass, a roll wax paper, acrylic and oil disposable pad
- Paint medium to help base coat your canvas and block in color. I fill a flip top bottle (think small dish liquid bottle) with 80% Liquin and 20% Damar Varnish to thin and speed the drying for oils. if you are working in acrylics use Liquitex glazing medium and water Great for base layers
- Odorless mineral spirit and a sealed container for cleaning brushes. There are several Eco friendly products out there now as well.