1 Day Workshop $125
This class will help get you started painting with confidence. The class will be taught in oils, but most will apply to acrylics as well. What are the best colors to start with? There are so many types of brushes, what are the best to use for different applications? What are the best methods to start get paint on the canvas? Paint application, color and composition will also be covered. No materials necessary, but bring any questions and materials that you already have.
Typical supply list
I prefer working in oils because my mixture will stay wet for the class. Acrylic will dry quickly so you will need to keep them wet with water or a retarder.
- Alizarin crimson or Permanent Rose ( primary red )
- Cadmium Yellow Light ( primary yellow ) Hansa yellow or Hansa yellow light
- Yellow ochre
- Phtalo blue ( primary blue ) or Ultramarine blue
- Sap green
- Titanium white
- 2 each - 9x12, 12x12 canvas or panel
- Palette knife
- Sketch pad and pencils
- Paper towels
- Acrylic and oil disposable Palette Pad 16x20 . You can use a roll wax paper
- Paint medium to help base coat your canvas and block in color. I fill a flip top bottle (think small dish liquid bottle) with 80% Liquinand 20% Damar Varnish to thin and speed the drying for oils. if you are working in acrylics use Liquitex glazing medium and water Great for base layers
- Odorless mineral spirit and a sealed container for cleaning brushes. There are several Eco friendly products out there now as well.