5 Week Class $185
Each class will show a specific painting technique, with demos and examples and then have a painting assignment to reinforce the techniques. The class will cover composition, value, color and finishing techniques. You can use my examples for your projects or bring in your own photo. All levels welcome - appropriate for beginners. Class size limited to 5 students to allow for a lot of individual attention. No class on July 5th. Happy 4th of July!
Any missed classes can be made up in next session. Classes will start back in Sept21
I prefer working in oils because my mixture will stay wet for the class. Acrylic will dry quickly so you will need to keep them wet with water or a retarder.Alizarin crimson or Permanent Rose
- Hansa yellow or as yellow light
- Yellow ochre
- Ultramarine blue or phtalo blue - I like both
- Sap green
- Titanium white
- 2 each - 9x12, 12x12 canvas or panel
- Palette knife
- Sketch pad and pencils
- Paper towels
- Acrylic and oil disposable Palette Pad 16x20 . You can use a roll wax paper
- Paint medium to help base coat your canvas and block in color. I fill a flip top bottle (think small dish liquid bottle) with 80% Liquinand 20% Damar Varnish to thin and speed the drying for oils. if you are working in acrylics use Liquitex glazing medium and water Great for base layers
- Odorless mineral spirit and a sealed container for cleaning brushes. There are several Eco friendly products out there now as well.