Carolina Painting Retreat $485
- Painting Retreat $485
- Deposit $225 July 1st
- Final payment Oct 1st $260
- Daily instruction, group demos and individual
- Three nights lodging at the lovely WhiteHall
- Continental breakfast and packable lunches
Let’s get outside and start painting! Enjoy the challenge of working outside with the companionship of fellow artists. Check in Thursday evening: get settled, meet and greet. Class starts Friday @ 10:00 am after breakfast.
We will work at 1 or 2 locations a day. Each one will start with a demo on how to start and talk about composition and editing. There will be an emphasis on color mixing and keeping your colors clean (no muddy colors). Demonstrations will continue as well as working one on one with students as you work on your paintings. After a day of painting you can explore the area, go to town for dinner, or just come back and relax and make dinner at the retreat. All levels welcome. Appropriate for beginners as well as more advanced. The class will be taught using oils. Please contact instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Norfolk, VA is the closest airport and Camden, NC is about an hour drive from Norfolk, VA airport. Helpful note - You will need GPS, but also write down the directions. Sometimes connections can be spotty
- Full detail will be sent out upon deposit
- Rain or shine. In case of rain, we will paint inside a large sun porch
What's included ?
- Daily instruction, We'll paint from 10 - 4 with a lunch break.
- Three nights lodging. All rooms are private.
- We will stay at the lovely Whitehall Retreat on the Pasquotank River. Each room is private with a queen bed and most have a private bathroom and shower.
- Continental breakfast and simple supplies to make a packable lunch. ( Sandwich or wrap.)
- Art supplies - paints, easel, panels etc..
- Travel expenses
- Drinks - any additional snacks or meals
Suggested Supplies - New to plein air? Here are a few tips to help get you started. http://dawnart.com/dawnart/2016/12/27/plein-air-workshop-supply-list
Cancellation Policy: If cancellation is made 90 (ninety) or more days prior to beginning workshop date, a full refund will be made less a $30 processing fee. If cancellation is made less than 90 days prior to beginning of workshop, half of the workshop fee will be refunded. Cancellations of 45 days or less from beginning date of workshop, no refunds issued. If workshop is canceled by the artist, the entire workshop fee will be refunded. If flying, it is advised that you purchase refundable airline tickets in the event of a cancellation.
Dawn has been painting in plein air events all across the US and is the founder of the Atlanta Plein Air group. “I find that painting on location has helped me focus on what’s really important to me about the scene and take more risks both on location and in the studio.”